PILGRIM AREA COLLABORATIVE
Connecting School – Home – Community
The Pilgrim Area Collaborative (PAC) was established in 1976 to provide individualized educational services to children, ages 3-22, with significant learning challenges whose needs for support could not be met within their home school districts. PAC is one of 25 educational collaboratives in Massachusetts and provides programs and services to students & families from over 50 communities from the South Shore & Cape Cod. Children are referred to PAC by their local school districts.
PAC students are educated primarily in substantially separate classrooms located in age-appropriate public schools within member school districts. PAC students are provided opportunities to be included within typical education classes and activities as appropriate, and to be active participants in the school community, as well as the local municipality. Students who need more intensive services are educated in our Pilgrim Academy school in Plymouth.
PAC also extends its services to home and community through its Pilgrim Area Collaborative Extended Services (PACES) program, through home consulting and training for parents and students, consulting to professional staff in school districts and offering professional development to districts. In addition, PAC runs extended day and extended year (summer) programs.
PAC is governed by a Board of Directors that is composed of representatives of each member school district. PAC programs and services are overseen by an Executive Director. The Executive Director is advised by an Operating Committee that is composed of Special Education Directors of each member school district.
The mission of the Pilgrim Area Collaborative is, in partnership with member districts, to be a resource by providing programs and services that reflect high‐quality, research‐based, best practices for the ever‐evolving needs of the students, families, educators and communities that we serve.
- We believe the community has a responsibility to educate all of its children.
- We believe in honoring and valuing the uniqueness, diversity, abilities and talents of all students.
- We believe given the appropriate instructional environment, all students can and must learn.
- We believe the community has an obligation to provide the specialized programming that each student needs.
- We believe all students have the right to a safe, secure, and positive learning environment.
- We believe each individual student must have a vision for the future that they should be able to attain.
- We believe we are accountable to the student, parents, and community for assisting each student to reach their fullest potential.
- We believe an appropriate environment fosters positive growth and change.
- We believe in mutual respect, open communication, and collegiality.
The Pilgrim Area Collaborative is dedicated to high quality programming and individualized services that are responsive to the needs of districts by educating students in schools, homes, and communities. Expert resources provide opportunities for building the foundation of success and independence of our students.